Progestan capsules contain micronized progesterone for oral administration.
Your doctor or nurse will tell you how much and how long to take Progestan.
Progestan should not be used in women with any of the following conditions:
- Allergies or hypersensitivity to its ingredients or peanut oil (capsules may contain peanut oil).
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of breast cancer.
- Active deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or history of these conditions.
- Active arterial thromboembolic disease (for example, stroke and myocardial infarction), or a history of these conditions.
- Known liver dysfunction or disease.
- Known or suspected pregnancy.
PROGESTAN DEX 25 MG / 1 ML (7 VIALS) is used in the treatment of premenstural syndrome (pms) and its symptoms.
How it Works
PROGESTAN DEX 25 MG / 1 ML (7 VIALS) is a female sex hormone which is essential for the function of the female reproductive system. Progesterone is produced in the ovaries during the second half of the menstrual cycle, and it is also produced by the placenta during pregnancy. The amount of PROGESTAN DEX 25 MG / 1 ML (7 VIALS) a woman produces also declines during the menopause.
Common Side effects
Patients who take PROGESTAN DEX 25 MG / 1 ML (7 VIALS) may suffer from such side effects;
Pain in extremity,
Irregular menstrual cycle